How to grow Wintergreen Plants:
Wintergreen is a groundcover and is hardy in zones 3-8.
- Wintergreen will grow best in shade to part sun (morning sun preferred).
- Wintergreen prefers an acid soil with a pH of 5.5 to 6.5.
- It needs a well-draining soil with a lot of organic matter like compost mixed in.
- Set plants 10 to 14 inches apart.
- Wintergreen needs little care.
- Water when dry.
- Wintergreen usually does not need any fertilizer.
To keep indoors:
- Place plant in a bright area with little direct sun. (morning preferred).
- Keep in a cool spot 60-70 degrees.
- Keep soil evenly moist but not wet.
- Wintergreen can be planted outside in the spring.