For each Amaryllis bulb
- Choose a heavy pot one inch wider that the diameter of the bulb. If it does not have holes put pebbles in the bottom of the pot for drainage.
- Fill the pot with a good quality potting one inches from the rim of the pot
- Situate the bulb so that the soil line is around the widest part of the bulb and 1/2 of the bulbs is below the soil line
- Water soil lightly and place in a bright area with at least 4 hours of sun light.
- Water sparingly until the flower stalk appears, too much water can result in no flower stalk
- Once flower stalk appears keep soil evenly moist and fertilize with a houseplant fertilizer