What type of flooring do we recommend?
• Please do not put any greenhouse on a concrete slab. Standing water on concrete is dangerous, especially when it freezes over.
• A greenhouse floor should be free draining.
• Usually people will create some sort of path (i.e. flag stones) down the center of a greenhouse – to walk on. The rest of the ground might be covered with riverbed stones, pea gravel, or pine straw or a similar material.
• Other drawbacks of a concrete slab: stays too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer (reflects heat back up – making things even worse inside).
• We do recommend, removing all grass and weeds etc. from inside the greenhouse area before assembling the greenhouse. And to cover this area with a weed control mat.
• You can put a greenhouse on a deck but be aware that this will allow cold air to blow in through the deck. We don’t recommend this.